Damp Proofing: The Process and Why Choose Fixiz to Do It
Damp is a common problem in many buildings and can cause significant damage to the structure and health of the occupants. It is caused by water penetrating the walls or floors, either through cracks, leaks or rising damp. If left untreated, it can lead to mold growth, timber decay, and structural damage. Damp proofing is the solution to this problem, and Fixiz is the best company to trust with this task.
What is Damp Proofing?Damp proofing is the process of preventing water from penetrating the walls or floors of a building. It involves creating a barrier to stop water from entering the structure, and it can be done in different ways, depending on the cause and severity of the damp. The most common methods include:
- Chemical Damp Proof Course (DPC) – This involves injecting a waterproofing solution into the walls to create a barrier against water.
- Tanking – This involves applying a waterproof coating to the walls or floors to prevent water from entering the structure.
- Cavity Drain Membrane – This involves installing a waterproof membrane within the wall or floor to collect and redirect water away from the building.
- External Waterproofing – This involves applying a waterproof coating to the exterior walls or floors to prevent water from entering the structure.
Why Choose Fixiz to Install Damp Proofing?At Fixiz, we have years of experience in damp proofing, and we use the latest techniques and materials to provide a long-lasting and effective solution to damp problems. We understand that every building is unique, and we tailor our solutions to meet the specific needs of our clients. Here are some reasons why you should choose Fixiz to install damp proofing:
- Expertise – Our team of experienced and trained professionals has the knowledge and skills to identify the cause of damp and provide the best solution for your building.
- Quality Materials – We use only the best quality materials to ensure that our damp proofing solutions are effective and long-lasting.
- Cost-Effective – We offer competitive prices without compromising on quality, and we work within your budget to provide the best solution for your building.
- Guaranteed Work – We offer a guarantee for our work, giving you peace of mind that your building is protected from damp.
- Customer Satisfaction – Our priority is to ensure that our clients are satisfied with our work, and we go the extra mile to exceed their expectations.
The Process of Damp Proofing with FixizWhen you contact Fixiz for damp proofing, we will schedule a survey to assess the extent of the damp problem and determine the best solution for your building. We will then provide you with a detailed quote and explain the process involved in damp proofing. Here is the general process of damp proofing with Fixiz:
- Preparation – We will prepare the area to be damp proofed, including removing any existing damp materials and cleaning the surfaces.
- Application – We will apply the chosen damp proofing solution, whether it is chemical injection, tanking, cavity drain membrane, or external waterproofing.
- Finishing – We will finish the area by replacing any removed materials and ensuring that the area is clean and tidy.
- Follow-Up – We will conduct a follow-up inspection to ensure that the damp proofing solution is effective and address any issues that may arise.
How much does it cost to hire a Handyman
|Product / Service||Unit||Price|
|Handyman Service||per hour||£32|
|Subsecuent half hours||per half hour||£16|
|Minimum call out fee||3 hours||£96|
Frequently asked questions:
A: No worries there, your Handymen will bring all the necessary tools and equipment for the job.
A: This service is hourly based. The minimum charge is 1 hour per appointment. After the first hour, we charge on a half-hour basis. You only pay for the actual time spent on-site and for the job to be completed to your satisfaction.
A: Yes , All the Handymen works are guaranteed and insurance cover.
A: Every handyman brings a small amount of screws, wall plugs, white paint, white silicone, etc with him. If the handyman uses a small amount from the materials, we won’t add them to the total service cost. For everything else – replacement parts, different colour of paint/silicone, a whole tube of silicone, a can of paint – please advise your customer agent as the technician should source them in advance. The price for those materials will be added to the final bill.